1836     December 28      Proclamation of the Colony of South Australia, at Glenelg, Holdfast Bay.

1855     November 9        A major Yachting Regatta at Glenelg is held to celebrate Prince Edward's birthday.

1859     April 25              Glenelg jetty opened.

1874     August 21           Glenelg Yachting Club Formed.

1883     October 12          Holdfast Bay Yacht & Boat Club formed - meeting held at the Pier Hotel

1886     September8         HBY&BC boatshed to be built to seaward off the Glenelg Institute.

1891     February14         Plympton Cup inaugural Race

1892     October 10          HBY&BC Shed enlarged to become the clubhouse

1897                               Name changed to Holdfast Bay Yacht Club

1898                               Glenelg Dinghey & Aquatic club formed – meeting held at the Jetty Hotel.

1904     September 14      Proposal for clubs to amalgamate.

1907                               Pavillion and Kiosk built on jetty.  Racing conducted from top deck.

1909                               Name changed to Glenelg Sailing Club.

1909     October7            HBYC incorporated.

1913     August 2             HBYC building on seawall next to Institute Building, opened by His Excellency Sir Day

                                      Hort Bosanquet.

1925     June 8                GSC builds wood & iron building on western end of Wrigley Reserve, Glenelg.

1925     October 20          Glenelg SC incorporated.

1932     March 26            Sunny South tragedy – 5 yachtsmen drowned.

1936                               GSC adds second storey to building.and acquires Holdfast Bay Swimming Club premises

                                      to the south.

1949                               Holdfast Trainer adapted from the Sabot to suit local conditions.

I960     February 13        Patawlonga locks and boat haven opened

1962     June 30               GSG premises alongside the Patawlonga lockgates, opened by Glenelg Town Clerk,

                                      Mr. F.A. Lewis.

1964                               GSC Extensions to the east and north commenced.

1964                               242 metre breakwater completed at Patawalonga entrance

1966     December 4        HBYC Barcoo Road, West Beach premises, opened by Mr. F. A. Lewis.

1974     March 2              GSC hosts World Fireball Championships. Opened by HRH the Duke of Edinburgh.

1984                               GSC Olympic Games representatives Chris Tillett and Chris Pratt.

1998     June 1                Adelaide Sailing Club formed.

1998     October 10          Adelaide SC commences sailing.

1998     December 6        Adelaide SC premises opened by His Excellency, Sir Eric Neal.

We Support