Code of Conduct
Adelaide Sailing Club Members Code of Conduct
This Code has been developed in accordance with the objectives of Adelaide Sailing Club Inc. to assist members to appreciate their responsibilities while on the premises of Adelaide Sailing Club or on the grounds of Adelaide Sailing Club or while representing Adelaide Sailing Club
This Code of Conduct is a by-law made by the Board pursuant to Rule 22 of the Constitution.
- Members must at all times behave in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Members must at all times be fair, equitable, considerate and honest in dealings with members, visitors and employees of Adelaide Sailing Club.
- Members must use facilities and equipment for their proper purposes.
- Members must refrain from any form of abuse, intimidatory or discriminatory behaviour, bullying and/or harassment whether it is of other members, visitors or employees of Adelaide Sailing Club.
- Members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every other member, visitor or employee of Adelaide Sailing Club regardless of their gender, age, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members must not consume alcohol to excess (and ensure their visitors do not).
- Adelaide Sailing Club does not condone the use of alcohol in any manner which is unsafe, illegal or fails to respect cultural differences and the rights of others.
- Illegal drug use of any kind is not condoned.
- Directions given by the Board of Management and staff are to be followed at all times.
- Members and visitors must at all times comply with lawful directions of the Club Management and employees at all times.
- Failure to comply with this Code may result in any member or visitor to Adelaide Sailing Club being asked to leave the premises by either the Club’s staff or any member of the Board of Management.
- Failure to comply with this Code may lead to disciplinary action pursuant to Article 21 of the Adelaide Sailing Club Constitution and result in penalties as provided for therein. This may include expulsion from the Adelaide Sailing Club, suspension or other disciplinary measure as the Board in its absolute discretion may determine.