About the Adelaide Sailing Club
Adelaide Sailing Club ~ A world class sailing club founded on proud traditions
Adelaide Sailing Club was formed from the union of Glenelg Sailing Club with Holdfast Bay Yacht Club.
This union took place in 1998 with the construction of these world class facilities at the end ofBarcoo Road as part of the Holdfast Shores development of Glenelg.
"An off the beach club with keel boat facilities."
The Club offers:
- Balcony overlooking rigging and race are
- Ample car parking
- Ramp access for coach and race management craft
- EFTPOS facility
Active sailing encompassing senior mono, multi-hulls, sports boats, trailerables, Sailability and junior racing
- Experienced race administration and rescue fleet
- Lawned rigging area
- Protected off the beach launching
- Sailors canteen for lunches
- Sailors change and shower facilities
- Boat wash down areas
- Boat chandlery within walking distance
- Three storage areas for club members sailing boats.
Highly sought after facilities for casual or formal occasions. With its unique beachfront setting the Function Centre is a popular venue for a wide range of events, including:
- Wedding Receptions
- Special Birthdays
- Private Dinners
- Cocktail Parties
The Clubhouse Bar and Bistro
The clubhouse ~ sailors and general public welcome. (Please note, during Winter the Club is closed on Monday nights)
An Accredited Yachting Australia Training Centre, our Qualified Instructors regularly conduct adult and youth learn to sail courses.
Sailing School courses currently available.
- Tackers 1
- Tackers 2
- Tackers 3
- After School care terms 1 and 4
Secure lock up area is available for trailerable yachts and powercraft.
Dinghy park available to Club members who regularly compete in Club racing.
Visit for an Hour
Stay for / a Day / a Week / a Lifetime