Last Saturday after sailing Neville Wilde addressed members on behalf of the Board, for those that missed it he spoke about the following:
- The Board is concerned about rumors suggesting that ASC is going to close at the end of March.
- He pointed out that this is not true - ASC is here to stay any changes in commercial operations after March are a reflection on seasonal changes, not the club closing forever.
- Their has been no change in Board direction since the meeting with members 12 weeks ago.
- The board is investigating options for the commercial operations, we have made some progress and are awaiting on some financial information and professional advice to assist us in making a decision.
- Our current lease ends in 2018 we are currently having discussions with Adelaide Shores about starting early lease renewal negotiations.
- We are continually looking for and implementing cost saving measures throughout the operation.
The Good News
- Our sailing operation is the best available along the coast, we have one of best Race Management teams available and our facilities are second to none.
- The Laser Nationals and Australian Youth Championships hosted by ASC were a huge success on and off the water and have provided a financial boost.
- ASC has recently signed an agreement with the SA Sharpie Association to host the 2018/2019 National Titles.
We intend to keep members informed of our progress.