It is that time of the year again when we invite you to renew your ASC membership for the 2017|2018 season. Membership and boat storage payments are now due.
As you would be aware ASC has gone through a few changes over the past year and one of these changes involves the way our membership renewal process will be delivered. Your Board and Committee have determined that the most functional and effective way to manage our membership records is to bring our membership system fully online. This will not only streamline your membership renewal process, but will provide efficiencies in the management of our membership records.
For those members who prefer, there will be a facility to pay in person at the club on Saturday 5th August from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Logging on to the new online portal will enable members to perform the following actions: renew their membership, select their membership category; update their contact details; renew their boat storage or apply for boat storage. In addition members will be presented with the opportunity to make a tax-free donation to the club via the Australian Sports Foundation.
This new system will undoubtedly bring with it a change to how we do things, but we believe this is a positive change, one that will provide our Club with more accurate data regarding our membership demographic and will help us to collate necessary information more accurately and effectively.
There have also been a few changes to the membership categories, and other options have been included:
- A temporary membership category has been introduced for those who require membership for a regatta or special event.
- Sailing and non-sailing Family categories are now available.
- Dinghy, Container and Hardstand boat storage fee payments and applications will now be made online. Members with existing spaces will automatically have them renewed if the fee is paid by the due date of 31st August. Members who apply and pay for a storage space will be allocated a space, via email, on a first come first served basis (limited spaces available so get in early). If we are unable to provide a space a full refund will be made.
- A $50 Maintenance Levy has been introduced for some sailing categories. This fee will be waived for those who volunteer in some capacity. Tick the appropriate box to indicate whether you wish to pay the levy or to make a contribution by volunteering.
- Junior Membership is now only available if a parent or guardian is a paid-up member of any category.
- We have added an option to make a Voluntary tax deductable donation to the Adelaide Sailing Club Foundation. All donations will be used for upgrading and replacing race management and sailing equipment.
- In preparation for changes to our hospitality operation Social Membership has been discontinued, however, we encourage our existing social members to upgrade to the revised category of Club Supporter/Volunteer. (The club is in the process of negotiating with potential new operators for our hospitality operations with the aim of introducing a loyalty or discount program for ASC members.)
Renewing your 2017|2018 season membership is as easy as following the next few steps:
Six simple steps with instructions to complete your 2017|2018 Membership renewal:
- Select how many people you wish to register
- If you have used the system before your name will show on the screen, if you haven’t used the system before select New Member.
- Choose which type of Membership
- Complete basic information
- Complete extra information
- Payment via credit card or electronic funds transfer
If you have any questions or you require assistance with your renewal please feel free to contact Sharyn Lockwood our Administration Officer at email@example.com or call 8294 3232 and she will be more than happy to assist you.
We would like to take this opportunity to once again say “Thank You” for your continued support, without this support we would not be able to offer our “First Class Club facility” for our member’s enjoyment.
We look forward to seeing you all in the 2017|2018 season!
Adelaide Sailing Club Inc.