It is that time of the year again when we invite you to renew your ASC membership for the 2017|2018 season. Membership and boat storage payments are now due.
As you would be aware ASC has gone through a few changes over the past year and one of these changes involves the way our membership renewal process will be delivered. Your Board and Committee have determined that the most functional and effective way to manage our membership records is to bring our membership system fully online. This will not only streamline your membership renewal process, but will provide efficiencies in the management of our membership records.
For those members who prefer, there will be a facility to pay in person at the club on Saturday 5th August from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Logging on to the new online portal will enable members to perform the following actions: renew their membership, select their membership category; update their contact details; renew their boat storage or apply for boat storage. In addition members will be presented with the opportunity to make a tax-free donation to the club via the Australian Sports Foundation.
This new system will undoubtedly bring with it a change to how we do things, but we believe this is a positive change, one that will provide our Club with more accurate data regarding our membership demographic and will help us to collate necessary information more accurately and effectively.
There have also been a few changes to the membership categories, and other options have been included:
- A temporary membership category has been introduced for those who require membership for a regatta or special event.
- Sailing and non-sailing Family categories are now available.
- Dinghy, Container and Hardstand boat storage fee payments and applications will now be made online. Members with existing spaces will automatically have them renewed if the fee is paid by the due date of 31st August. Members who apply and pay for a storage space will be allocated a space, via email, on a first come first served basis (limited spaces available so get in early). If we are unable to provide a space a full refund will be made.
- A $50 Maintenance Levy has been introduced for some sailing categories. This fee will be waived for those who volunteer in some capacity. Tick the appropriate box to indicate whether you wish to pay the levy or to make a contribution by volunteering.
- Junior Membership is now only available if a parent or guardian is a paid-up member of any category.
- We have added an option to make a Voluntary tax deductable donation to the Adelaide Sailing Club Foundation. All donations will be used for upgrading and replacing race management and sailing equipment.
- In preparation for changes to our hospitality operation Social Membership has been discontinued, however, we encourage our existing social members to upgrade to the revised category of Club Supporter/Volunteer. (The club is in the process of negotiating with potential new operators for our hospitality operations with the aim of introducing a loyalty or discount program for ASC members.)
Renewing your 2017|2018 season membership is as easy as following the next few steps:
Six simple steps with instructions to complete your 2017|2018 Membership renewal:
- Select how many people you wish to register
- If you have used the system before your name will show on the screen, if you haven’t used the system before select New Member.
- Choose which type of Membership
- Complete basic information
- Complete extra information
- Payment via credit card or electronic funds transfer
If you have any questions or you require assistance with your renewal please feel free to contact Sharyn Lockwood our Administration Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8294 3232 and she will be more than happy to assist you.
We would like to take this opportunity to once again say “Thank You” for your continued support, without this support we would not be able to offer our “First Class Club facility” for our member’s enjoyment.
We look forward to seeing you all in the 2017|2018 season!
Adelaide Sailing Club Inc.
A working Bee has been scheduled for Saturday the 5th August at 10am to clean up the hardstand and assist with some general maintenance, please email email@example.com if you can spare a few hours to help out.
This working bee will provide an opportunity to save $50, volunteer your time and the $50 maintenance fee will be waived. (A letter to members is in the post explaining this in more detail).
In an attempt to enhance the appearance of our north side outdoor area we are looking for some succulents or succulent cuttings to plant.
If you are able to assist and can spare a few plants/cuttings please feel free to drop them in to the club.
Join us at the Clubhouse for an evening of Hot Latin Beats. Meals and Drink specials available!
Spoil Dad on Father’s Day and treat him to a Special 3 Course Lunch and Live Acoustic Blues Music.
Bookings are essential, so to avoid disappointment call us now on 8294 3232 to reserve your table!
ASC is in need of a TV set top box for our Projector in the Regatta Room, unfortunately the current one has reached it's retirement age.
This is so we can watch any major sporting events on the projector, as well as a client being able to use it for TV if required
If you are able to make a donation of a fully working set top box please contact us on 8294 3232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply just drop it in to the club.
Most members would be aware that the Annual General Meeting was held last night, thank you to everybody that was able to attend. All Board of Management and Committee of Management positions have been filled and the Annual Report and financial statements accepted. I welcome new Board members Hubert Tucker and Tim Ryan our new Rear Commodore Tracy Heritage and new committee member Brian Sorell.
On behalf of all members I would like to thank our immediate past President David Royle and Rear Commodore Helen Stapleton your hard work and dedication to ASC has been appreciated by all.
Key Points from the AGM
- Improved financial position, showing a small profit.
- Online portal for membership registration and payments coming soon.
- Lease renewal negotiations have begun with Adelaide Shores and we are preparing a response to their suggestion that our rent should be increased significantly.
Adelaide Sailing Club Foundation
I would like to thank the eleven people that have donated $5985 to the ASC Foundation last year, these funds will be used to upgrade equipment and facilities.
Also at the top of the list is our launching vehicle the blue Land Rover which is no longer roadworthy and has been sold, please consider making a tax deductible donation before the end of the financial year to assist us in its replacement. DONATE HERE
The blue land rover launch and recovery vehicle has come to the end of its useful life it is no longer roadworthy, why not make a tax deductible donation before the end of the financial year to the Adelaide Sailing Club Foundation to assist us with the replacement of this vehicle.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Annual Report is running late, your printed copy is now with Australia Post and will be delivered this Thursday or Friday.
The Annual General Meeting will be held in the Bistro next Tuesday 27th June 2017 at 8.00pm.
Click the button below to download an electronic copy of the 2016/17 Annual Report.
Preparations are well underway for our Commodore's Ball on the 24th June 2017. During the evening we will be conducting a raffle and silent auction. This is a fantastic fundraising opportunity for our club and all proceeds will go towards our priority to support participation in sailing by updating our equipment and facilities.
We are seeking donations from members for raffle prizes and products or services for the silent auction. This presents a wonderful opportunity for your business to be recognised by our members and friends through our club newsletter and Facebook page which has over one thousand three hundred followers. If you would like to make a donation please email Rear Commodore Helen Stapleton at email@example.com.
Members please consider nominating for a position on the Committee of Management or the Board of Management for the 2017-18 season.
Don’t forget presentation night tomorrow night, tables are filling fast but there is still time to purchase a ticket. Click here to book. Please print out your tickets and present to door staff who will then advise you on your seat/table allocation and also provide you with your complimentary drink voucher.
MC Harry Fisher is ready to go, we have some great live music lined up from solo guitarist Marc Apella and a slideshow featuring the highlights from our sailing season. See you there!
- To prepare for the new business model, memberships are going online, the membership card credit system will be discontinued on 30 June 2017 and bistro discounts will cease until new arrangements are negotiated.
- Hospitality levies expiring in March 2017 have been extended and that the grace period expires 30 June 2017.
- Members have until 30 June 2017 to use all card credits (both hospitality levy and their own top ups).
- If any top up credits are left on card after 30 June 2017, it will be taken that members are happy for those funds to be returned to the club’s general revenue.
- Members may wish to log in to check their balance and use their remaining credit at Presentation Night and the Commodore’s Ball – reference the website link on how to do this.
Board of Management
Don't forget to book your ticket for Presentation night by Wednesday 24th May as there is no entry without a ticket. Great value and the opportunity to celebrate with members and friends!
Bookings can be made here.
National Volunteer Week (NVW) runs from the 8th-14th May 2017 and is an annual celebration to acknowledge the generous contribution of our nation’s volunteers.
ASC would like to thanks all its volunteers for their time & support. Volunteering is highly associated with greater health and happiness, provides meaning and a sense of self worth and can also be a lot of fun!
It is with sadness that the Flag Officers, Management and members of the Adelaide Sailing Club note the passing of our former member and supporter Mike Fisher who died on the 9th of May. Mike was a larger than life character who generously supported our club in many diverse ways. His last visit was as a guest at the Fisher Peterson Tillett regatta last year when he enthusiastically engaged with the young sailors and took part in the trophy presentations. It was a wonderful occasion that is captured in this touching photograph.
Mike’s funeral will be held on Friday the 19th of May at Tony Monte Funeral Chapel, 1 Webb Street, Port Adelaide at 11 am.
We offer sincere condolences to the Fisher family and especially to Ellen and Harry